Matthew 28: 19-20

Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28:19-20

Monday, March 13, 2023

2023-Monday (Persistence versus Impatience)

We have had some problems with the autorefractor equipment laptop in saving and transferring the eyeglass inventory.  I have had to spend more time getting everything to work correctly and I have been worried that we may not be able to help the people with prescription eyeglasses. I started praying and asking God for guidance and a miracle with the laptop.  I finally got it figured out and everything is ok but I have been relying on my own abilities instead of trusting God and having faith that He will work everything out.  God was in charge as always. 

Lately I have been reading The Battle Plan for Prayer by the Kendrick brothers. I have read the book  several times but a chapter stood out to me today.

Persistence versus impatience: chapter 19

Persistence is a necessary part of praying effectively. Whether God answers in twenty minutes or twenty years, we should never give up on Him.  In Scripture, God reveals that He wants us to trust Him patiently on our knees. He delights when we walk by faith and show our dependency on Him as we come before His throne. In fact, He may use delays in our life to reveal our hearts and our level of trust in Him. In the meantime, we must wait upon the Lord in faith.

Matthew 7:7-9 -  Keep asking, and it will be given to you. Keep searching, and you will find. Keep knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who searches finds, and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Luke 18:1 says we ought to pray and not lose heart.

Isaiah 40:31 - Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

I have to put my trust in my God who sent me here instead of trusting in myself. I am going to pray and not lose heart. God is in control and it is for His glory.